After making macaron for the past 2 weeks, I have a lot a lot of leftover egg yolks.
So try to find something using egg yolks and tadaaaaa....

Swiss roll! Trust me, it used load of egg yolks


I actually want to make the pattern on the top but totally forget after the batter is ready. lol!
If you put pattern, it should be looked like the below pic.
I made it when I was in Indo, pretty ya?


Anyway, recipe:

Ingredients:

9 egg yolks
2 eggs
6 gr emulsifier
1,5 gr vanilla powder
70 gr icing sugar
37,5 gr flour (I use Indonesian flour, kunci biru)
7,5 gr milk powder
75 gr butter, melted
12.5 gr vegetable oil
strawberry jam for filling

Direction:

Beat egg yolks and egg until bubbly.
Add icing sugar until it rises a bit, then add emulsifier and vanilla powder, mix well until the dough form a ribbon.
Add flour and milk powder with the medium speed until it is mixed well only, turn off the mixer.
Using spatula, put butter and oil, mix well.
Bake for 10-15 minutes in 200 degree Celcius.
When it's done, remove from the tray, spray the jam and roll straight away.
Leave it until it's cold before cutting it to pieces.

0 Responses