As I promise...
Here is another extremely delicious food in Solo, even in Indonesia. I know many people from other cities love it as well, as it is indeed popular. This is what I call 'Heaven on Earth' -> *lebaymodeon


The cake is called 'Terang Bulan' or for you who don't live in Java maybe you will know it as 'Martabak Manis'. I don't know how to make it. I'll figure it out soon because one of my friends can make it so I'll ask for the recipe and try it. Anyway, you can choose for the inside filling. Usually, I love to put chocolate, cheese and peanut but some people don't like cheese or peanut so they can put anything else. One of my friends also likes to put banana inside. I wonder what it'll taste because I know another type of food that contains banana and chocolate inside. Hmmm...

I don't think this cake is easy to be made because as I saw the process of baking and making it, it looks so easy but I know it's actually really hard. You have to get used to it before you can get the best result. Moreover, the pan is not common, it has to be special-made. But, many people said we can use 'Teflon' or normal pan for making it. So... let's see! If I have mood to try it then I'll try to make one. hehehe... Don't know when it will be! LOL!

You have to try it! This is one of the best food in the world.
1 Response
  1. Emma Jasmine Says:

    Really I can never stop eating these thick sweet pancakes that is Martabak Manis no matter what. It is an Indonesian recipe. It is also called Martabak Bangka. It is certainly known by many names in other countries such as apam balik, apam Pinang, or Apong in Malaysia. Min Jiang Kueh or peanut pancakes in Singapore. The pancake is made with flour, eggs, sugar and filled with sweet decadent stuff like chocolates, condensed milk, margarine, cheese, ground peanuts. The pancakes are also characterized by their honeycomb textures similar to Bika Ambon. Singapore Martabak from Smile Martabak tastes awesome with the authentic recipe. Thanks for sharing such a nice post.